For The First Time Ever, All Four Eyewitness Accounts of The Murder of Michael Brown Put In Chronological Order: The most detailed side-by-side telling of each eyewitness account of the Mike Brown murder in chronological order #JusticeForMichaelBrown [@ShaunKing]
Reblog the fuck out of this
12:55 am • 29 August 2014 • 64,205 notes
- Do not forget Michael Brown
- Do not forget how the media dehumanized him and tried to justify his murder
- Do not forget how peaceful protests were painted as savage riots
- Do not forget police armed with military grade weapons terrorized and arrested black civilians
- Do not forget Darren Wilson being awarded over $400,000 in fundraiser donations for murdering an unarmed black child
- Do not forget that this system was not built to defend us, but to control us
- Do not forget Ferguson
1:19 pm • 28 August 2014 • 141,200 notes
The most important line in the whole damn song. MESSAGE.
The only historically accurate line in the whole film.
it got better
3:45 am • 19 June 2014 • 634,789 notes
You cannot say that you like Pocahontas. The genocide of my people is turned into a cartoon musical with a singing raccoon.
Then shown to children around the world. Thus ensuring the next generation remains relatively indifferent to the past and present conditions of indigenous people.
(Source: inhumana-perfeccion, via acemanifesto)
9:51 pm • 18 June 2014 • 114,525 notes
“Stalking is how some men raise the stakes when women don’t play along. It is a crime of power, control, and intimidation very similar to rape. […] Whether he is an estranged husband, an ex-boyfriend, a onetime date, or an unwanted suitor, the stalker enforces our culture’s cruelest rule, which is that women are not allowed to decide who will be in their lives.”
— Gavin de Becker, The Gift of Fear: Survival Signals That Protect Us from Violence
(Source: books-and-badassery, via acemanifesto)
9:50 pm • 18 June 2014 • 3,582 notes